Moroccan living room ideas are most definitely the sure shot way of getting a living room to look exotic and extremely interesting. Moroccan décor is a very interesting theme to go with when one is decorating a living room and this is the best option if you are bored of traditional and conventional design.
Morocco has a long history with many different rulers which have left its mark on the countrys architecture. Moroccan living room ideas are usually so designed so that all the space in the room is well utilized and elegance and sophistication, with a hint of the orient is achieved.
Moroccan living room ideas are best found online. You would want to have a complete idea of the key features of Moroccan design before implementing them so that you can get the full benefit of the beauty that is Moroccan design.
The key elements of Moroccan design hardly take up space – what we meant to say is, this kind of design or theme will work in all kinds of spaces – large or small. First and foremost, a key aspect of Moroccan living room ideas is the fact that the bulky type of furniture is done away with. Yes, that is right, the Oriental style of floor seating is a well thought out design of Moroccan living room ideas. So even if you have a small room, if you decide to go with Moroccan décor, you will be able to make the most of whatever space that you might have.
Low lying mattresses, plenty of throw pillows, floor cushions which are comfy and very large, bolsters, and low stools are all an important part of Moroccan living room ideas. Poufs are another interesting item of Moroccan furniture – they are very low, stocky little stools which are upholstered completely, with a comfy cushion perched on top. These look adorable and since they are lightweight, they can easily be moved around according to convenience. The emphasis, as you have guessed – is on low lying furniture.
The upholstery is also of great importance when it comes to Moroccan living room ideas. Moroccan designs are typical, with oblongs shapes and other geometric designs coming together to form intricate patterns all over the cloth. Rich red, burgundy, browns, purple etc. are preferred colors when it comes to Moroccan designs and upholstery. You can also have this typical design adorn your walls, either as wall paper which is customized to meet your needs or as wall decals. Tapestries which are framed and hung as pictures can also be used to decorate walls and this is also a typical Moroccan thing to do.
Last but not the least, lighting is very important when one is thinking about doing up ones living room in the manner of Moroccan styles. Low hanging lamps with ornate and mosaic patterns, soft lighting and elaborate table lamps are the order of the day when it comes to Moroccan living room ideas. The emphasis is again on softness and subtlety which ishallmark of Moroccan design and therefore it would be a wise decision to use yellow lights for the lamps. A few candles scattered here and about would not hurt the décor either.
Having Moroccan lounge rooms is fun for you can fetch the ethnic design. Moroccan design is still trendy to follow since most people love to enjoy the diverse cultures in the house. If you love traveling into different countries, you can purchase souvenirs and set them as the collectible items in the room. Your sitting room can be a nice place to display the valuable souvenirs around the world. You can mix and match different cultures by using small pieces.
The seating area in the room can be in floral pattered couch. You can have it made in aqua blue color to signify the relaxing view. The mosaic patterned coffee table can be arranged n in the middle of the room to bring fantastic Moroccan decor. If you like to add Asian accent on the Moroccan lounge rooms, you can pick the Japanese pattered chair and sofa. The Indian area rug can be made in red color to convey the eye catching design. You can distinguish the exotic and sensual atmosphere by dominating the room with red color. But make sure that you can choose the right tone of red.
The bloody red is not good for it is too frustrating to view in longer hours. You can choose a rich shade of maroon or wine red color. You can pick interesting prints to make the Moroccan room nice and exotic. You can go with batik print if you like to represent the Indonesian style in the room. If you want to bring the Hawaiian look, you can select the toss pillow in palm leafy pattern or hibiscus pattern. Pick the colorful shades in turquoise, fuchsia, hot pink, or even violet to make the room fascinating. The lovely colors in warm mood of sunset yellow and orange can brighten the Moroccan lounge rooms.
- Charcoal Moroccan Patterned Accent Wall For Modern Living Room View Photo 1 of 25
- Moroccan Inspired Living Room And Dining Room Combo With Beige Sectional And Blue Accents View Photo 2 of 25
- Cozy Living Room With Moroccan Rug And Furniture View Photo 3 of 25
- Eclectic Living Room With Moroccan Accents View Photo 4 of 25
- Moroccan Inspired Living Room Interior Decor View Photo 5 of 25
- Moroccan Inspired Living Room With Blue Accents And Neutral Backdrop View Photo 6 of 25
- Moroccan Inspired Living Room With Floral Sofa View Photo 7 of 25
- Moroccan Inspired Living Room With Modern Nuance View Photo 8 of 25
- Moroccan Inspired Living Room With Gold Decor And Chesterfield Sofa View Photo 9 of 25
- Moroccan Inspired Living Room With Copper And Taupe Color Scheme View Photo 10 of 25
- White Apartment Living Room With Moroccan Accents View Photo 11 of 25
- Modern Living Room With Moroccan Rug And Fiddle Leaf Fig View Photo 12 of 25
- White Living Room With Moroccan Accents View Photo 13 of 25
- Moroccan Sitting Room Sofa And Table Furniture Ideas View Photo 14 of 25
- Moroccan Inspired Living Room With Vintage Chair And Sofa View Photo 15 of 25
- Moroccan Inspired Living Room With With Black And Yellow Accents View Photo 16 of 25
- Moroccan Details Blend Into Contemporary Living Room View Photo 17 of 25
- Classic Moroccan Inspired Living Room View Photo 18 of 25
- Contemporary Moroccan Inspired Living Room With Neutral Sofa And Bold Floral Wallpaper View Photo 19 of 25
- Best Modern Moroccan Living Room View Photo 20 of 25
- Classic Elegant Moroccan Living Room With Beautiful Ceiling View Photo 21 of 25
- Cozy Moroccan Living Room Chair Furniture View Photo 22 of 25
- Ethnic Style Moroccan Living Room Interior View Photo 23 of 25
- Fancy Moroccan Living Room With Classic Accent View Photo 24 of 25
- Moroccan Outdoor Living Room Patio And Swimming Pool View Photo 25 of 25