Upgrading your bathroom doesn’t have to cost a fortune. There are lots of different things that you can do to make major improvements without major expenses. Sometimes it takes a different perspective and a little bit of DIY work ethic, but you can certainly bring your bathroom into the 21st century on your own!
The biggest thing that you can do is to look at your bathroom like it’s not yours. Pretend that you’re walking into it for the first time.Look up, down, and side to side to see what your bathroom would look like to a stranger.If it’s outdated, poorly taken care of, or just dirty, note it. What you’ll do is figure out what needs to be taken care of first and make a plan for updating it from there.The first thing that you’ll probably do is give your bathroom a deep clean. This might be enough to bring it back to life. Make sure that you take the globes off of your bathroom light fixtures and give them a deep clean, you’ll probably be surprised by how much crap comes off of them.
If cleaning isn’t enough, the cheapest thing to upgrade first is the accessories. You can have a big impact by changing the shower curtain, towels, towel racks, and rugs to a new and updated look. This can usually be done for well under a hundred bucks if you shop smart.
Next, take a look at the lighting. The light fixtures aren’t tough to upgrade, and almost every weekend warrior can do this job themselves. You’ll get the biggest impact from changing the bathroom vanity light fixtures first. With these lights you can set it up to improve the function of your bathroom as well. They should put off balanced light that isn’t too harsh.
Finally, you should look into upgrading the big things like cabinets, showers, and toilets. These obviously aren’t cheap, so be sure to tackle the easy ones first!
Your bathroom doesn’t have to be a dungeon. Follow the simple tips above to get it up to date and make it a place that even a stranger wouldn’t mind taking care of their business in!
- Chicago Bathroom Remodeling | Chicago Bathroom Remodel | Bathroom For Cheap Ways To Improve Your Bathroom View Photo 1 of 33
- Bathroom Remodeling – Planning And Hiring | Angie's List Intended For Cheap Ways To Improve Your Bathroom View Photo 2 of 33
- Denver Bathroom Remodeling | Denver Bathroom Design | Bathroom Remodel Intended For Cheap Ways To Improve Your Bathroom View Photo 3 of 33
- Seattle Kitchen & Bathroom Remodel | Washington Park Intended For Bathroom Remodel View Photo 4 of 33
- Bathroom Remodeling | Southwestern Remodeling | Wichita In Bathroom Remodel View Photo 5 of 33
- Best 25+ Bathroom Remodeling Ideas On Pinterest | Small Bathroom In Cheap Ways To Improve Your Bathroom View Photo 6 of 33
- Before And After Bathroom Remodels On A Budget | Hgtv Within Bathroom Remodel View Photo 7 of 33
- Bathroom Remodeling How To & Diy | Diy Intended For Cheap Ways To Improve Your Bathroom View Photo 8 of 33
- Master Bathroom Remodel Project Template | Homezada With Regard To Bathroom Remodel View Photo 9 of 33
- Preparing For A Bathroom Remodel – Homeadvisor Regarding Cheap Ways To Improve Your Bathroom View Photo 10 of 33
- San Diego Bathroom Remodeling Intended For Bathroom Remodel View Photo 11 of 33
- Bathroom Remodel – Lightandwiregallery For Cheap Ways To Improve Your Bathroom View Photo 12 of 33
- Bathroom Remodel – Bay Easy Construction Intended For Cheap Ways To Improve Your Bathroom View Photo 13 of 33
- Best 25+ Bathroom Remodeling Ideas On Pinterest | Small Bathroom In Cheap Ways To Improve Your Bathroom View Photo 14 of 33
- Lincoln Bathroom Remodels 2200 S 7th St Lincoln, Ne Bathroom Inside Bathroom Remodel View Photo 15 of 33
- Bathroom Remodels | Katy Construction & Remodeling Regarding Bathroom Remodel View Photo 16 of 33
- Bathroom Remodeling Pictures | Yancey Company Within Bathroom Remodel View Photo 17 of 33